At Reepham Nursery School we provide nursery provision for 2, 3 and 4 year olds, who either receive Early Education free funding entitlement, or pay for sessions privately, or by a mixture of the two methods
Our charging policy aims to ensure that:
- Our charges are fair and affordable
- We review our charges annually
- All parents/carers will be give notice of increased charges in the term prior to its effective date
- The primary objective of any monetary increase is made to sustain the nursery
- The Government’s free education entitlement over 38 weeks is maintained
- The childcare we offer is flexible and meets the needs of our communit
- Parents/Carers can easily identify on their invoice any fee charges which are additional hours over their free funded entitlement.
Early Education Funding Entitlement
Early Education funding entitlement is available to children aged 2,3 and 4 who meet the criteria. Details are available from http://www.norfolk.gov.childcare.uk/childcare). Government funding is intended to cover the cost to deliver 15 or 30 hours a week of free, high quality, flexible childcare only. It is not intended to cover the cost of meals, consumables, additional hours or additional services.
Reepham Nursery School is listed with Norfolk County Council as an approved provider able to offer Early Education funding entitlement and we have agreed to meet the conditions of the current Earl Education and Childcare Statutory Guidance for Local Authorities.
Free entitlements will be delivered consistently so that all children accessing any of the free entitlements will receive the same quality and access to provision, regardless of whether they opt to pay for optional hours, services, meals or consumables.
Our current rate for parents/carers of children who do not meet the criteria for Early years funding entitlement is £16 for a 2 year old and £14 for a 3 and 4 year old.
The entitlement is offered free. Parents will not be charged a “top-up” fee to re-coup the difference between the amount received from the local authority and the currently hourly rate.
A registration fee of £25 is charged once a childcare place has been offered. This is voluntary for those families whose child(men) only access the funding entitlement.
Parents/carers are not required to pay any fees for the free entitlement. if you require sessions beyond your funded hours you will be charged at the rates listed above, providing a space is available.
Fees are reviewed annually by the nursery school committee. Any increases is based on the nursery’s financial position and broader relevant economic or social reasons. We will give parents 6 weeks notice of any changes to our charges.
We do not provide meals – Children who stay to lunch bring a packed lunch to eat at lunchtime.
Childcare provision will be available at these times for 38 weeks of the year.
|Monday||9.30am – 12.30pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am – 12.30pm & 12.30pm – 3.30pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am – 12.30pm|
|9.30am – 12.30pm & 12.30pm – 3.30pm
9.30am – 12.30pm
- Administration fee payable at registration – A fee of £25 is charged once a childcare place has been offered. This is voluntary for those families whose child(men) only access the funding entitlement.
- Late payments – £5 may be charged for repeated late payment of fees. This is at the Administrators discretion.
- Late collection of children – repeated late collection of children may result in a £5 charge to cover our staffing costs.
- Snack/consumables: We ask for a voluntary contribution from each child of 50p per session to contribute toward costs.
The nursery does not charge for the following:
- Deposits – we do not ask for or collect a deposit to secure a place at our nursery
- Retainer fee – not charged
- Consumables – we ask only for a voluntary donation, at the parents discretion
You can register your interest for a place at Reepham Nursery School by filling one of our registration forms and returning it to nursery. This does not guarantee a place at nursery but puts the child on our contact/waiting list.
Securing a place
You will be contacted in the term before your child can attend, to ensure that you are still interested in a place and to arrange a date and time for a nursery visit. You must confirm with us that you wish to take up a nursery place, by completion of the registration documents, if we do not receive completed documentation your place may be withdrawn.
A registration fee of £25 is charged once a childcare place has been offered. This is voluntary for those families whose child(ren) only access the funding entitlement.
- Additional sessions beyond the free 15 hours can be purchased at a cost of £14 or £16 /per 3 hour session
- Payment details, terms and conditions and collection arrangements form part of the admissions policy and procedures
Parents will only receive an invoice for those sessions not covered by the free nursery entitlement
Timing of payments
- Invoices are generated every half-term. All fees are payable within the first 2 weeks of the half term.
- Payment will be by cash, cheque or BACS payment
- Charges will be made for session even when a child is absent through sickness or holidays.
- Charges will be made for sessions where the nursery is unable to open due to circumstances beyond our control e.g. extreme weather or flooding
The notice period for withdrawing a child from Reepham Nursery School is 4 weeks and a ‘Notification of leaving’ form must be completed.
Non payment of Fees
- Non-payment of fees will be pursued through the small claims court
- If payment has not been received within 4 weeks of the date of the invoice then the child’s place at nursery will be at risk.
Changes to sessions
- We cannot accommodate short term changes to sessions, such as changing from a Monday morning to a Tuesday morning for one week only, as this makes planning and staffing very difficult.
Please talk to the Manager should you need make changes to your child’s nursery sessions.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Updated June 2019
To be reviewed: June 2020
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Tammy Digby – Chairperson
PLEASE READ ALONGSIDE OUT “TERMS AND CONDITIONS”and “ADMISSIONS’ policies