Reepham Nursery School believes that the health and safety of children is of paramount importance. We make our setting a safe and healthy place for children, parents, staff and volunteers by assessing and minimising the hazards and risks to enable the children to thrive in a healthy and safe environment. If Reepham Nursery School has to close the procedure will be as follows.
- In the case of severe weather, the nursery school will close if the Primary school is closed. We will advise parents to listen to local radio stations, which will broadcast a list of school closures.
- Again, in cases of severe weather, if we are open and the weather worsens during the course of the day and the Nursery Supervisors feel that it will be unsafe for travel, then they will call all parents/carers and ask them to collect their children early. Staff will stay with the children until all have been collected.
- The Nursery Supervisor will also post notice of any closure on the Nursery’s Website and the Facebook page.
- Staff will be informed by telephone in the event of any closure.
- If there is a problem with the nursery school building and there is a need to close for safety then the nursery supervisors will phone parents/carers before the nursery session is due to start or close early.
- If there are unforeseen circumstances such as heating, electricity or water going off during a session and the nursery school is again forced to close then the staff will phone all parents/carers and ask them to collect their child as soon as possible. All staff will remain in the building until all children have been collected.
- Full staff to child ratios will remain throughout this procedure.
The Policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Held on: July 2016
Date to be reviewed: July 2019
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Rachael Jones – Chairperson.