At Reepham Nursery, we ensure our premises present no risk of fire by ensuring the highest possible standard of fire precautions. All the Nursery staff are familiar with the fire evacuation procedure. This is displayed on our notice board. All fire equipment is checked annually by a fire safety consultant. We ensure our policy is in line with the procedures specific to our building, making reasonable adjustments as required
- The basis of fire safety is risk assessment. These are carried out by the Nursery supervisors and are checked annually.
- Fire doors are clearly marked, never obstructed and easily opened from the inside.
- Our emergency evacuation procedures are
- clearly displayed in the premises;
- explained to new members of staff, volunteers and parents; and
- Practised regularly at least once every six weeks.
- Records are kept of fire drills and are discussed with staff if any issues arise from them.
The Policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Held on: November 2016
Date to be reviewed: November 2019
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Rachael Jones – Chairperson.