At Reepham Nursery School, we maintain the highest possible security of our premises to ensure that each child is safely cared for during their time with us.
Children’s personal safety
- We ensure all staff employed by the Nursery School have been checked for criminal records by an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) formally known as CRB.
- Whenever children are on the premises at least two adults are present.
- We carry out risk assessment to ensure children are not made vulnerable within any part of our premises, nor by any activity.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children and have been risk assessed.
- The times of the children’s arrivals and departures are recorded.
- The arrival and departure times of staff, volunteers and visitors are recorded.
- Our systems prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- Our systems prevent children from leaving our premises unnoticed.
- The personal possessions of staff and volunteers are securely stored during sessions.
This Policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Held On: May 2016
Date to be reviewed: May 2019
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Rachael Jones – Chairperson.