Reepham Nursery does not offer a babysitting service outside of nursery hours.
However, we understand that parents sometimes might ask a member of the nursery staff to baby sit for their children. This policy aims to clarify some points regarding any private arrangement between staff and parents/ carers outside of Nursery hours.
Reepham Nursery School’s policy:
- Reepham Nursery School will not be responsible for any private arrangements or agreements that are made between members of staff and parents/carers.
- Out of hours work arrangements must not interfere with a staff member’s employment at the Nursery.
- Confidentiality of employment must be adhered to and respected at all times.
- Parents should be aware that other adults accompanying the babysitter may not have the relevant Criminal Records Bureau clearance, and it may not be appropriate for them to care for children.
- Reepham Nursery School will not be held responsible for any health and safety or other issues that may arise from these private arrangements.
- The nursery has a duty to safeguard all children whilst on our premises and in the care of our staff, but this duty does not extend to private arrangements between staff and parents/carers outside of nursery hours.
- If the staff member is to take your child out of nursery at the end of their session, the
Manager will need written parental permission.
- The staff member and child will not be covered under Reepham Nursery School’s insurance for any private arrangements.
This policy was adopted by: Reepham Nursery School Committee
Held in: May 2016
Date to be reviewed: May 2019
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Rachael Jones – Chairperson.