At Reepham Nursery School we provide nursery provision for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
From September 2016, Reepham Nursery School will be taking on a limited number of government funded and unfunded 2 year olds.
If parents are not eligible for 2 year old funding, and do not want to pay for sessions, then universal free 15 hours provision is available from the term following a child’s third birthday until they reach compulsory school age. This entitlement is for every child, irrespective of background or family circumstances.
Regulations prescribe that children become eligible for free early years provision on the dates set out below:
|A two year old eligible for 15 hours early years funding:||A two year old not eligible for early years funding:|
|A child reaching their second birthday will be notified by the Local Authority if they are eligible to claim 15 hours free nursery provision. A child will be entitled to a free childcare place from the beginning of the claim period AFTER their second birthday||A child reaching their second birthday, who is not eligible for 15 hours free nursery provision, can attend our early years provision from the term AFTER their second birthday by paying for sessions they attend at our sessional rate.|
|A child approaching 2 years and born in the period:||Will be able to start nursery from:|
|1st April to 31st August||1st September following the child’s 2nd birthday. (Autumn School Term)|
|1st September to 31st December||1st January following the child’s 2nd birthday. (Spring School Term)|
|1st January to 31st March||1st April following child’s 2nd birthday (Summer School Term)|
|A child approaching 3 years and born in the period:||Will become eligible for 15 hours early years funded provision:|
|1st April to 31st August||1st September following the child’s 3rd birthday. (Autumn School Term)|
|1st September to 31st December||1st January following the child’s 3rd birthday. (Spring School Term)|
|1st January to 31st March||1st April following child’s 3rd birthday (Summer School Term)|
Government funding is intended to cover the cost to deliver 15 or 30 hours a week of free, high quality, flexible childcare only. It is not intended to cover the cost of meals, consumables, additional hours or additional services.
Additional hours and services will be charged at the current hourly rate where hours are not funded as Early Education by the Local Authority.
Charges for additional services such as trips will be agreed in advance with families.
There is no charge for the following –
Cost of Meals and Snacks
The free entitlements will be delivered consistently so that all children accessing any of the free entitlements will receive the same quality and access to provision, regardless of whether they opt to pay for optional hours, services, meals or consumables.
A deposit is not charged.
The entitlement is offered free. Parents will not be charged a “top-up” fee to recoup the difference between the amount received from the Local Authority and the current hourly rate.
- We will ensure that our charges are fair and affordable
- We aim to ensure that we review our charges annually
- All parents/carers will be given notice of increased charges in the term prior to its effective date
- The primary objective of any monetary increase is made to sustain the nursery
- The Governments free entitlement, which covers 15 hours per week, over a minimum of 38 weeks is maintained
- Ensure that the childcare we offer is flexible and meets the needs of our community
- Ensure that parents can easily identify on their invoice any charges which are additional hours over their 15 hours free entitlement.
Child Care Charges:
Childcare provision will be available at these times for 38 weeks of the year
|Monday||9.30am – 12.30pm & 12.30pm – 3.30pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am – 12.30pm & 12.30pm – 3.30pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am – 12.30pm|
|Thursday||9.30am – 12.30pm & 12.30pm – 3.30pm|
- All nursery sessions for two year olds are charged at our sessional rate of £15.00.
- All nursery sessions for three and four year olds are charged at a sessional rate of £13.00.
- Minimum acceptance of a place for free early years entitlement at Reepham Nursery is 2 x 3 hour sessions
- No charge can be made for children eligible for Early Years funding of 15 hours per week but parents/carers can purchase additional sessions for their child where available, again the session charge is £13.00 for three and four year olds and £15.00 for two year olds.
You can register your interest for a place at Reepham Nursery School by filling one of our registration forms and returning it to nursery. This does not guarantee a place at nursery but puts the child on our contact/waiting list.
Securing a place
You will be contacted in the term before your child can attend, to ensure that you are still interested in a place and to arrange a date and time for a nursery visit. You must confirm with us that you wish to take up a nursery place, by completion of the registration documents, if we do not receive completed documentation your place may be withdrawn.
A registration fee of £10 is charged once a childcare place has been offered. This is voluntary for those families whose child(ren) only access the funding entitlement.
- Additional sessions beyond the free 15 hours can be purchased at a cost of £13 or £15 /per 3 hour session
- Payment details, terms and conditions and collection arrangements form part of the admissions policy and procedures
Parents will only receive an invoice for those sessions not covered by the free nursery entitlement
Reepham Nursery School reserves the right to impose charges for late collection of children and for administration charges where a place is not taken up. Please see our ‘Terms & Conditions’ for more details.
Timing of payments
- Invoices are generated every half-term. All fees are payable within the first 2 weeks of the half term.
- Payment will be by cash, cheque or BACS payment
- Charges will be made for session even when a child is absent through sickness or holidays.
- Charges will be made for sessions where the nursery is unable to open due to circumstances beyond our control e.g. extreme weather or flooding
The notice period for withdrawing a child from Reepham Nursery School is 4 weeks and a ‘Notification of leaving’ form must be completed.
Non payment of Fees
- Non-payment of fees will be pursued through the small claims court
- If payment has not been received within 4 weeks of the date of the invoice then the child’s place at nursery will be at risk.
Changes to sessions
- We cannot accommodate short term changes to sessions, such as changing from a Monday morning to a Tuesday morning for one week only, as this makes planning and staffing very difficult.
Long term changes to sessions need to be discussed with the manager and an admin fee of £5 may be charged. Please read alongside our “Terms & Conditions” and “Admissions” Policies.
This policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Held in: September 2016
Updated 31st January 2017
To be reviewed: September 2018
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Graham Dunkley – Chairperson