At Reepham Nursery School, we comply with health and safety regulations and the Welfare Requirements of the EYFS in making our setting a no-smoking environment – both indoor and outdoor.
- All staff, parents and volunteers are made aware of our No-smoking Policy.
- No-smoking signs are displayed prominently.
- The No-smoking Policy is stated in information for parents and staff
- We actively encourage no-smoking by having information for parents and staff about where to get help to stop smoking if they are seeking this information
- Staff who smoke do not do so during working hours, unless on a scheduled break and off the premises
- Staff who smoke during working hours and travelling to and from work must not do so whilst wearing a setting uniform, or must at least cover the uniform
- E-cigarettes are not permitted to be used on the premises
- Staff who smoke or use e-cigarettes during their scheduled breaks go well away from the premises
- Staff who smoke during their break make every effort to reduce the effects of odour and passive smoking for children and colleagues
- Staff are made aware that failure to adhere to this policy and procedures may result in disciplinary action
This Policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Held On: June 2016
Date to be reviewed: June 2019
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Rachael Jones – Chairperson.