At Reepham Nursery School, we keep records for the purpose of maintaining our business. These include;
- Records pertaining to our registration.
- Landlord/lease documents and other contractual documentation pertaining to amenities, services and goods.
- Financial records pertaining to income and expenditure.
- Risk assessments.
- Employment records of staff.
Our records are regarded as confidential on the basis of sensitivity of information, such as with regard to employment records and these are maintained with regard to the framework of the Data Protection Act and the Human Rights Act.
This policy and procedure is taken in conjunction with the Confidentiality and Client Access to Records policy and Information Sharing policy.
- All records are the responsibility of the officers of the management committee who ensure they are kept securely.
- All records are kept in an orderly way in files and filing is kept up-to-date.
- Financial records are kept up-to-date for audit purposes.
- Health and safety records are maintained; these include risk assessments, details of checks or inspections and guidance etc.
- Our Ofsted registration certificate is displayed.
- Our Public Liability insurance certificate is displayed.
- All our employment and staff records are kept securely and confidentially.
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Human Rights Act 1998
Other useful Pre-school Learning Alliance publications
- Accident Record (2009)
- Accounts Record (2005)
- Safeguarding Children (2010)
- Employment in Early Years Settings (2007)
- Financial Management (2010)
- Medication Record (2006)
- Register and Outings Record (2006)
- Managing Risk (2009)
- Summary Complaints Record (2006)
This Policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Held in: November 2016
Date to be reviewed: November 2018
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Graham Dunkley – Chairperson.