At Reepham Nursery School we recognise that social media and networking websites have become a regular part of everyday life and that many people enjoy membership of sites such as Facebook, My space or Twitter. However, we are also aware that these sites can become a negative forum for complaining or gossiping and care must be taken not to breach our confidentiality policy or offend anyone when using these services.
The following policy has been designed to give staff clear guidelines as to what Reepham Nursery School expect of them when accessing these sites. The absence of, or lack of, explicit reference to a specific website or service does not limit the extent of the application of this policy. Where no policy or guidelines exist, employees should use their professional judgement and take the most prudent action possible. Any uncertainties should be discussed in the first instance with Supervisor, Christine Long.
- Where people have their own personal profile on social media websites, it is up to the individual to ensure that others cannot access any content, media or information from that profile that they are not happy for them to have access to and that would undermine your position as a professional, and responsible person.
- When using social media sites staff should change privacy settings on their profiles so that only people accepted as friends can see the content.
- In most situations staff should not accept friend requests on their personal profile from parents and carers of children currently attending the Nursery school.
Where this presents a problem, this should be discussed with Sue Wright.
- All staff, students, volunteers and committee members should be aware of their behaviour in or outside working hours and how this, if captured via images, posts or comments online could reflect on the Nursery School.
- At no times should any photographs or materials be published that could identify the setting, its staff or the children.
Reepham Nursery School Facebook Page
- This page was set up to advertise the nursery school fundraising events.
- It is the responsibility of all users to ensure that there is no breach of confidentiality within this page.
- There are to be no photos or names of children or staff within the nursery school setting on the Facebook page.
- If Staff have ‘liked’ the page on Facebook they need to remember their professional boundaries.
- Graham Dunkley (Committee Chair) and Christine Long (Nursery Supervisor) oversee the running of this page and remove anything they deem inappropriate.
All staff members should be aware that a breach of the Social Networking Policy could lead to disciplinary action. Any staff member aware of a colleague in breach of the social networking policy has a responsibility to report this behaviour in confidence to the Nursery Supervisor, Christine Long. Failure to do so could also result in disciplinary action.
This Policy was adopted at a meeting of: Reepham Nursery School
Date to be reviewed: UNDER REVIEW – STAFF AND COMMITTEE (Oct 2018)
Signed on behalf of the management committee: Rachael Jones – Chairperson.